Minimalist Hospital Bag Checklist
So, this being my third pregnancy and hospital stay – I can vouch for it that you don’t need much. Not too sure about government hospitals but with Medi Clinic, you honestly don’t need much at all. Last time I packed WAY too much and this time I am dialing it down. Besides, we live two streets away from the hospital so if I ever need anything, I can get the husband to bring it right away. Also, we will be staying 3 nights minimum because I am having a c-section. This list might look like a lot but it truly isn’t – the extra’s are just for me for taking pictures of our very first little girl.
Let’s start with Amelia’s bag. I am packing all her little things in this bag from Thandana. This is such a handy nappy bag as it’s got space for PLENTY. I think having a 2 year old and a newborn, this bag will come in handy more than I realize. You can check out more of the bag here.
For Amelia we have packed : (remember it’s winter time)
- 6 vests
- 4 babygrows
- 2 outfits with a long sleeve shirt and closed feet leggings
- A couple of bows
- Turbans from Annapatat to keep her head warm
- Two knitted beanies
- Dummy clip from GNASH (so dummy won’t get lost)
- 4 different dummy’s (babies tend to have their own preference)
- Mustela wash, lotion and bum cream.
- Pure beginnings wipes
- Imprint Love pack for little foot and handprints
- Announcement outfit – Mina Moo swaddle set and Kikki and Franki welcome/name plaques (I have to do this, my photographer’s heart!)
- One towel and two washcloths
- Two muslin swaddles from Maccie
- Two warm winter baby blankets
Each little outfit goes in it’s own bag. You can put it in plain Ziploc bags but these I got from Lemon Salt Designs.
For me, I packed :
- My own pads
- Cloth Breastpads
- Nipple Cream – I use Bepanthen
- Clicks mini toiletries – Mouth wash, body wash, body cream
- Toothpaste and Toothbrush
- Lip balm
- My own washcloths
- Micellar water from Garnier and Cotton Pads
- Mrs Milk lactation bars
- 4 boyshorts (panty’s)
- 1 Mamanoo post birth panty
- Nursing bra’s (Mamanoo, Yummy Mummy, Woolworths)
- Nursing tank top (Yummy Mummy)
- Headband and Slippers from Woolworths
- Bena Loungewear long sleeve set in black
- Lina Lina Gown in navy stripes
- Anna Louise Maternity sleepwear in Dusty Pink
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Our Netcells box to store Amelia’s stem cells.
I will be talking about our entire Stemcell banking experience after her birth, but if you curious to know more, head to the Netcells website.
So I think I have everything I need – electronics not on this list though. I will be bringing a charger (extra length cable), two-point plug, my camera and my phone (of course!). Am I missing anything? Am I taking too much? Honestly, it’s less than I took with Jaxson but still feels like a lot. Oh well, last baby hey. 😉
My bag, check. Amelia’s bag from Thandana, Check. Our new Baby Africa car seat (rest of stroller not in image), check! As ready as we will ever be!